50 Shades of Sleep
Sleep is something everyone does. The way we sleep, or where we sleep may be different, but none of us can live without it. In fact, many of us enjoy sleep and find reasons to get some extra shut eye. We know that sleep can affect your brain’s ability to function, your memory, mood and emotions, but there are also many other interesting facts about sleep you may not know.
While there may be 50 shades of grey, or blue, yellow or red for that matter, there are no less than 50 fun facts about sleep that we would love to share with you. Fact Retriever put together a list of facts about sleep and below are just a few of our favorites. For a more comprehensive list, click here! Prepare to have your mind blown!
- Humans can survive longer without food than they can without sleep.
- During the first two years of a baby’s life, new parents will miss six months of sleep on average.
- The average amount of time people sleep has dropped from nine hours in the pre-lightbulb era to seven-and-a-half hours today.
- Upon five minutes of waking, 50% of a dream is forgotten. Within 10 minutes, 90% of it is forgotten.
- In general, carbs make you sleepy while protein makes you more alert.
Share with us your favorite sleep facts, we’re always excited to learn something new! And don’t forget, you spend 1/3 of your life sleeping, so why not sleep on a Yogabed. Yogabed was created by mattress professionals who have your comfort in mind! With our Yoga Comfort System, we give your body the optimal support it needs for a great night’s sleep.